TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Due to the ambiguity caused by Covid -19 please note the following.
All deposits are non- refundable however, the deposit could be used as a credit in the future for example, if a customer were to pay a deposit of £150 and they no longer required our services, or had to cancel due to a unforeseen event the customer would be entitled to £150 worth of food (N.B the £150/300 worth of food entitlement must be claimed within the 12 month period). Also, If the country was forced to go into lockdown the deposit could be used to secure another date in the future (N.B if there is availability). If the customer was to pay the entire balance and the country was to go into lockdown we would only retain the deposit and the rest will be refunded.
By using Dane’s Caribbean Catering services, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out below.
1.1 The remaining balance is to be paid 7 days before (for general bookings) and 4 weeks for weddings. We reserve the right to cancel any upcoming bookings if payment is not received in a timely manner.
1.2 Unless a deposit is paid we cannot secure the date for your event unless stated otherwise.
2. A non-returnable deposit (of £150.00 if catering for 50 people or less or £200 for 50+) is required when confirming a booking. N.B we do not offer full or partial refunds
3. Cancellations made before 7 days prior to the event are subject to a 50% fee.
3. Bookings over £1,000 require the final balance to be paid 4 weeks prior to the event and bookings under £1,000 the final balance is due 7 days prior to the event; unless an arrangement has been made.
4. Bookings under £900 require a deposit of £100 and any orders over £900 requires a deposit of £150 for general bookings and events. Weddings on the other hand a deposit of £300 is to be paid to secure the date the remaining amount must be paid 4 weeks before the event unless stated otherwise.
5. Full payment is required as the terms agreed upon booking. Payments can be made by bank transfer to the bank details on the invoice
6. Please notify us by phone or email before sending payment as the date might already be booked (please attach a screenshot of the confirmed payments)
7. If the number of guests attending exceeds the number on the originally booking, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number. If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered. Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by, or up to 10 this can normally be accommodated for, but this is not guaranteed and allowances cannot be made if the numbers drop.
8. For a function at an external venue travel charges may apply. The Company’s supply of catering services outside of a 5 mile radius (“External”)
9. Depending on service requested, we may require a retained deposit of the stated amount below which covers damage or loss of any hire equipment. Hire equipment includes; • Popcorn machine £100 • Chocolate fountain £45 • Chafing dishes £50 • This deposit will be refunded once the items are back in our possession and we are happy that they are not damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear.
10. We do not insure against theft of the goods or other such mishaps once the item(s) are in your possession. It is your responsibility to take care of the goods on hire. If the item(s) become lost or stolen whilst on hire or are damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear, the full deposit or a percentage of the deposit will be forfeited depending on the loss. If a deposit has not been taken the agreed charges apply and will be required on the day of collection of hired items.
11. The hired goods remain the property of Dane’s catering services and if they are not returned during the specified period, the above will retain the security deposit even if the goods are subsequently returned at a later date. All sweet jars are provided on a hire basis only and should be returned with sweets/ popcorn consumed. The sweets are paid for with hire and belong to the client. The retained deposit will not be refunded.
11.2 Please return the hired goods to Dane’s Catering Services Ltd address either the following day or the next working day. Refunds may take up to 7 days
12. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for in ability to gain access to venues, which results in insufficient setting up. Every effort will be made to coordinate with staff at venues to ensure that this does not happen and that Dane’s Catering Services supplies the correct number of staff.
12.1 Please note that we require access to a kitchen (table service especially) we cannot provide for this type of service without a kitchen on the premises
12.2 Please ensure that you disclose whether or not the venue has Kitchen Access as this is chargeable. N.B this only applies to bookings that require staff.
12.3 The client is responsible to check with venues, terms & conditions before booking our services. If they require the following documents: food safety certificate, food hygiene rating and/or Public Liability insurance required. This may result in loss of deposit already paid.
12.4 Please check whether your venue expects outside catering companies before booking as this may result in loss of deposit already paid.
13. Please be advised that although we endeavour to cater for your nominal guests, this does not guarantee one of each item choice per guest.
14. Gratuities are at your discretion.
15. We cannot accept last minute changes (10 days or less).
16. A corkage fee will be chargeable to set up a drinks table & to place drinks on the table. This service must be agreed beforehand refusal may cause offence.
17. Table service plans and guest food choices must be sent no later than 10 days before the event. Last minute changes could affect the smooth running & planning of your event. We will not accept any mishaps on the day due to last minute changes. The food choices must be placed in a spreadsheet with table number, menu choices and guest names e.g Billy Johnson Table 4: starter - Bruschetta. Mains Curry mutton with rice and peas and salad. Dessert: Rum cake with vanilla ice-cream. Failure to do so will impact the service
18. We do not take responsibility for table decorations or cutlery hired from a third party.
19. Family table or serving top table is chargeable please do not ask on the day of event refusal may cause offence.
20. Please allocate someone to move the cake/stand if required. This will need to be covered on our risk assessment before the event date. We do not take any responsibility if there are any damages caused.
21. Due to Food Safety reasons once food is warmed it cannot be left out any longer than 4 hours this includes set up & serving time
22. Please communicate in a timely manner with the Booking staff to ensure details are not missed
23. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions when required
24. Any complaints will be dealt with in a professional manner. Please submit any complaints via email and include as much information as possible
25. N.B regarding communication, although we believe that all manner of communication methods are important we do not expect customers to WhatsApp changes to their booking in this way as information may be missed. Please communicate any changes via email (email@example.com) or by calling us (0121 206 2780). Please allow 24 hours for a response.