TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using Danes Caribbean Catering services, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out below;
1. A non-returnable deposit (of £50.00 if catering for 50 people or less or £150.00 for 50+) is required when confirming a booking. If the order is cancelled, the deposit is not refunded. This deposit will be deducted from the final payment; except for retained deposits (statement4). Cancellations made before 72 hours prior to the event are subject to a 50% fee.
2. Half of the final balance is required 30 days prior to the event and the final balance of the price 7days prior to the event; unless a credit arrangement has been made.
3. Full payment is required as the terms agreed upon booking. Payments can be made by bank transfer or PayPal. Details will be given when completing the booking with the advisor.
4. If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number. If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered.
Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by, or up to 10 this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed and allowances cannot be made if the numbers drop.
5. For a function at an external* venue travel charges may apply.
*The Company’s supply of catering services outside of a 10 mile radius (“External”).
6. Depending on service requested, we may require a retained deposit of the stated amount below which covers damage or loss of any hire equipment. Hire equipment includes; Popcorn machine £100 / Chocolate fountain £35 / Chafing dishes £50 / Sweet jars £15
This deposit will be refunded once the items are back in our possession and we are happy that they are not damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear.
7. We do not insure against theft of the goods or other such mishaps once the item(s) are in your possession. It is your responsibility to take care of the goods on hire. If the item(s) become lost or stolen whilst on hire or are damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear, the full deposit or a percentage of the deposit will be forfeited depending on the loss. If a deposit has not been taken the agreed charges apply and will be required on the day of collection of hired items.
8. The hired goods remain the property of Dane’s catering services and if they are not returned during the specified period, the above will retain the security deposit even if the goods are subsequently returned late. All sweet jars are provided on a hire basis only and should be returned with sweets/ popcorn consumed. The sweets are paid for with hire and belong to client. The retained deposit will not be refunded.
9. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for in ability to gain access to venues, which results in insufficient setting up. Every effort will be made to co-ordinate with staff at venues to ensure that this does not happen and that Dane’s Catering Services supplies the correct number of staff.
10. Please be advised that although we endeavour to cater for your nominal guests, this do not guarantee one of each item choice per guest.
11. Gratuities are at your discretion.